- What drove you to the ABA Therapist profession? Well, I have always found myself to be working with children or adults on the spectrum. Mainly in a classroom setting or facility. It’s so amazing to be on such a personable level with children and their families.
- What drew you to Golden Care originally? And how has Golden Care changed since? A really great friend and scholar! She believed in me and thought that ABA would be an awesome fit for me. Since then Golden Care has grown professionally while offer more towards career enhancement tools, and knowledge.
- How do you balance your career and family? By allowing myself to abundantly enjoy every moment. I also pray often and I try to say yes to as many events as I can with family! This is what keeps me centered so that I am able to give my best in my both my career and family life!
- How has Golden Care helped you in your career development? From weekly session tips and encouraging calls to offering certification courses for career advancement. GCT has been a great help in my career journey.
- What have you gained from working at Golden Care? I have gained more experience in my career, more confidence in my abilities as a BT and more education in the ABA field.
- What’s the one thing you’d tell your younger self? Live in the moment and learn to embrace it rather good or bad or you may miss out on something beautiful!
- What is the favorite part in your work as an ABA Therapist/ of working for Golden Care? The initial sessions with a new client. I enjoy listening and learning from them.
- What is your proudest moment at Golden Care/ in your work as an ABA Therapist? My proudest moments come often actually, it occurs every time I since growth happening in one of our clients, my eyes light up and I get so excited in that moment!
- What is one thing that you wished people knew about your job? How rewarding it is and how much it will change their outlook on life.
- What does the day to day of your job look like? At the start of my work day, I prepare myself for my client.
I prepared my materials and I prepare my mind. I check my patients, endurance, and listening skills at the door the rest is magical!
Latest posts by golden-user (see all)
- Explaining Autism to a Child with Autism: A Guide for Parents - September 20, 2023
- Non-Profit Organizations That Provide Activities for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder - September 20, 2023
- Understanding the Intersection of Autism and Alexithymia - September 5, 2023