Autism walks, rides and runs are a great way to be active, have fun and raise money for a cause that’s close to all of our hearts.
There are a large number of autism walks in New Jersey each year, as well as rides and runs, so everyone has the chance to participate no matter their fitness level.
In this article, we’ve put together a list of all the big events that are happening in NJ in 2020.
POAC Autism Walks
POAC is hosting the following walks in the following locations in 2020:
- Lakewood, Ocean County – 11am, Saturday, May 9th 2020
- Woodbridge, Middlesex County – 11am, Saturday, May 16th 2020
- Ewing, Mercer County – 11am, Sunday, May 17th 2020
- Sayreville, Middlesex County – 11am, Saturday, May 30th 2020
- Manahawkin, Ocean County – 11am, Sunday, May 31st 2020
- North Jersey, Passaic County – 11am, Sunday, June 7th 2020
You can either join a team, start your own team, or come and walk on your own. Find out more information and sign up here.
Autism Speaks Walks
This year’s Autism Speaks walks are being held on the following dates in these locations:
- South Jersey Walk, Mount Laurel – 10:15am, Saturday, May 30th 2020
- Northern New Jersey Walk, East Rutherford – 10:30am, Sunday, May 31st 2020
- New Jersey Shore Walk, Long Branch – 11:30am, Saturday, October 3rd 2020
- Union and Morris County Walk, Cranford – 11:30am, Sunday, October 4th 2020
- Central New Jersey, Trenton – 10:30am, Sunday, October 11th 2020
You can view all of their walks and sign up here, either as part of a team, as your own team, or just by yourself.
Autism Rides and Runs
This year there are a number of autism rides and runs in New Jersey. Here’s a list of the main events.
Ride for Autism
Ride for Autism NJ is the biggest event of its kind in the region and is now in its 20th year, having raised more than $880,000 during that time.
All ability levels are catered for, with riders having a choice between six routes, ranging in length from 5 to 100 miles.
And to celebrate the event’s 20th anniversary, there will also be a 5K fun run/walk, which is open to all abilities.
- Location: Brookdale Community College, Lincroft, NJ
- Date: Saturday, June 13th 2020
Go the Distance for Autism
Go the Distance for Autism is another major fundraising event for autism in NJ. It offers a choice between different bike rides and a fun run.
For cyclists, you have the choice between 10, 25 and 50-mile events through Bergen County, while runners can take part in a 5K fun run.
- Location: Bergen Community College, Paramus, NJ
- Date: Sunday, June 7th 2020
Eden Autism 5K
The Eden Autism 5K is the biggest fundraising event that’s organized each year by the non-profit special education school. Join more than 1,500 runners and walkers who take part in the race each year.
- Location: The Eden School, Princeton, NJ
- Date: Sunday, October 4th 2020