Scholarships are a great way to help hardworking students with the expenses associated with going to college. While there are scholarships for all types of students ranging from academic achievers and athletes to artists and everything in between—many parents don’t realize that there are scholarships available specifically for students with Autism.
Scholarships For People With Autism
If you are interested in scholarships specifically for people with Autism, then there are several well-known scholarships that parents can start looking into. Here are some of the most recognized Autism-specific scholarships available for students who want to further their education.
Make sure to click on the links for each of these scholarships to ensure that you or your family member qualifies for this specific scholarship. Certain programs have different restrictions in place related to location or educational plans.
- The Kelly Law Team Autism Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is offered through the Kelly Law Team and open to those with autism who wish to continue their education. The scholarship is available for anyone aged 16-30 years of age.
- The Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship–This $1,000 scholarship is available to undergraduate or postgraduate students with autism or students with a relative with autism. This scholarship is named in honor of Avonte Oquendo, an autistic boy who went missing from school in 2013.
- The Adult with Autism Scholarship- As the name suggests, this $1,000 scholarship is for any adult in Delaware on the Autism spectrum who wish to pursue post-secondary education. This scholarship is sponsored by Autism Delaware and is only available to those in-state.
- The Autism Family Services of New Jersey Scholarship- This scholarship is available solely to New Jersey residents. The scholarship offers $1,000 to graduating high school seniors with autism. This scholarship is for any student on the spectrum who plans to attend college, university, trade school or any type of secondary education.
- The Jacob Trotter Memorial Scholarship– This program offers $500 to a South Central Wisconsin resident on the autism spectrum who will be attending college. This scholarship is sponsored by Autism South Central and is only for individuals with autism who are going to a 2- or 4-year college, technical school or trade school.
- The Percy Martinez Autism Scholarship- This scholarship is put on by the Percy Martinez Law Office. This program offers a staggering $5,000 to a high school, undergraduate, graduate, or law school student who is looking to pursue additional educational opportunities.
- Law Offices of David A. Black Autism Scholarship–This scholarship is given in the amount of $1,000 for autistic students attending university, college, trade school, or vocational school. Named after the founder of this Phoenix-based law firm, this scholarship is available for qualifying students who currently live in the United States.
- Feldman Law Firm Autism Scholarship– This law-firm’s autism scholarship awards $1,000 to any U.S. citizens pursuing post-high school education. Named after the law firm itself, this program is available to any graduating high school student, even if they aren’t currently enrolled in their new educational program.
- John Barras DDS Autism Scholarship–This Houston-based dental office offers a $1,000 scholarship for U.S. citizens pursuing post-high school education. This program was designed to encourage and assist those with autism to fulfill their educational goals.
- The Ascend Autism College Scholarships– ASD Ascend awards five different $1,000 scholarships every year to rising freshmen, sophomores, and juniors enrolled in college. This program is available to any student pursuing either an associates or bachelor’s degree.
- The Autism Can Do Scholarship– This $5,000 scholarship is for autistic U.S. or Canadian students pursuing education at a college or training program. The scholarship is available to any Autistic student looking to further their education and is sponsored by John’s Crazy Socks.
See Which Scholarships You Qualify For
We know that some of these aforementioned scholarships are restricted by state. This is why the team here at Golden Care Therapy has made it easy for you to find which scholarships you qualify for based on location.
Golden Care Therapy is an in-home autism therapy provider that offers ABA therapy to children with autism and their families. We are dedicated to helping children with autism gain the mental, physical and emotional skills they need in order to thrive and to succeed in their current educational pursuits and beyond.
This is why we are not only here to offer one-on-one ABA therapy but also help pair students with Autism with the scholarships they deserve. We want to make sure that every Autistic student has the financial support that they need to make their educational dreams come true.
If you are ready to work with the best ABA therapy provider in New York, New Jersey or Indiana, give us a call at (732) 402-0297. Our dedicated team is ready to help and we will treat you like family.